Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Gremlins took my computer

That could be my excuse for not writing in so long... but...

Mostly I just haven't gotten around to it. But I'm here now! Hi!

This month seems like it's been a whirlwind, though I'm not sure why. Anna seems to be starting to even out a little, and her good days are about even with her screaming-demon-posession days, so that's been a relief. She's mostly just so cute that I try to forgive her when here head spins around several times during breakfast.

My dear friend Juli, the best college roomate EVER, was visiting this past weekend from Minnesota and we had a lovely time. Juli's a Southern Living at HOME representative, so we threw a SLAH party while she was here so she could meet my other, local, friends. It went great, and I wish she could have stayed longer!

Anna, unfortunately, decided that the pressure of a house guest was too much for her and spent much of Juli's visit trying to make me look like the world's worst mom, but we managed to get through it. By the end of her trip, Anna had calmed down and was very affectionate and sweet. One of her favorite games right now is, "What does ** say?", followed by a phrase that she associates with that person or thing. So, now we have, "What does Juli say?" added to our collection of associated phrases. By the way, what does Juli say? She says, "Yay! Hooray!"

This week, Kurt's going to have his first big time alone with Anna, since I am heading out for a few days vacation with my girlfriends. We are only going to be gone for about 2 and a half days, but it's my first time leaving Anna with Kurt for so long. I'm lucky, though, he's a stand-up dad and will have absolutely no problems. I think they plan to take a day trip up to Breckenridge, so he's definitely not worried, either. Heck, I would be nervous to take her so far for the day by myself! However, she is such a daddy's girl, I'm sure they'll both have a wonderful time and not miss me at all.

That's all the rambling update I can conjure right now! I'll try to be more concise in my next post. In the meantime... pictures!

No comments: