Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My hair is falling out...

because I am pulling it!

My four-year-old daughter was feeling playful today. She was so inspired, in fact, that she ran upstairs, poked her head into the baby's room and screamed, "BOO!", at her sister.

Who is one. Who was barely 45 minutes into her two hour afternoon nap. Who refused to go back to sleep. Who has six different levels of hysterics that she was kind enough to display for the rest of the afternoon. (Insert hair pulling here).

And then? THEN? Anna comes up to me and says, "Mama, Silvia needs to be quiet and stop crying. You should go put her down." Seriously?!

In case you're wondering (and if you are a mom, I know you are), no, I did not break any laws today. I was tempted, but with great strength of will and a little help from my friend Advil, I restrained myself.

2 comments:

Alison said...

The other day I was trying to very carefully move Lily's high chair while she was sleeping and I dropped it and made a huge crash and woke her up from her nap after only 45 minutes. I literally cried tears!

Jennifer said...

Oh my, I'm proud of you for not losing it (all). I would totally need a moment to myself to regain my composure or maybe a cup of amazing coffee from the Keurig...