Friday, June 04, 2010

"Anna wil mary adin"

Good God.

Yesterday during quiet time (Oh, how I love thee, quiet time), I found Anna peacefully coloring a lovely, rainbow-y picture at her table. It looked like two people holding hands, with words across the top I couldn't quite decipher.

"What's your picture, hon?", I asked innocently.

"Me and Aidan," she announced with a cheery grin.

I leaned over to take a closer look and found, scrawled across the top of the page, "Anna wil mary Adin".

Gulp.

"Aidan from school? You like him?"

"Yes, he's my friend. Except he won't play with me, he only plays with the other boys but we're going to ride bikes together tomorrow and I'm going to give him this picture!"

Double gulp.

"No. No, sweetie... let's leave the picture here, ok? You can ride bikes and talk to him first."

"Why, mommy?"

"Well, sweetie. Hmm. Then you can marry him when he least expects it. Everyone loves a good surprise."

2 comments:

Lea said...

Hahaha I love your response at the end!
Oh my gosh this is starting already?! Ack!

Jennifer said...

Bah hahahahahahahaha!!!! I'm sorry but this is funny. :) I just love her pictures. I still have the ones she gave us for corben's birthday and for our going away. I love 'em!!!!!