Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Silvia started Kindergarten this morning. The girls woke up at 5:30 all in a huff to get going right away. After breakfast (I made french toast in honor of the occasion. Cheerios from now on!), they put on their backpacks and danced around for the 40 minutes before it was time to leave for the bus. I had planned to drive them to school this morning so I could walk with Silvia to her class but she decided she wanted to just ride the bus with Anna instead. Rejection! It's probably for the best, though, in order to avoid having me wander the halls in tears as my baby girl leaves me behind. I tell you, these first days never get easier.
In order to avoid confusion for him, I woke up Jack to send the girls off on the bus. When he gets up and they're not around, he really worries. This way at least he got to wave bye and hand out kisses like free candy. From the pictures you can see that his major concern was having a backpack of his own. I grabbed an old bag off the close shelf and voila... big boy!

Happy first day to my 2nd grader and kindergartener (wow, that's a long word). Now off to try and fill Jack's time without his favorite playmates to distract him. I won't be the only one who finds it hard to let go.  
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: