Thursday, February 02, 2006

Stairs, continued

Well, I had a bit of a shock this morning.  While hanging out in the playroom, Anna did her usual giggle and scoot out to the hallway, where she waits for me to “sneak up” on her and then spot her as she carefully and slowly descends the steps. 

Not today!  Today, she giggled, scooted and just started plopping down the steps while I was preparing to pop out from behind the door and “surprise” her.  I rushed over as she quickly slid to the third step down, giggles ricocheting off the walls. I stood back in amazement and just let her do her thing. She didn’t wobble, fall or lose her grip.  In a matter of seconds, she was sitting at the bottom of the steps, smiling up at me, totally in control of the situation. 

Independence is here… I thought I had more time!

No comments: