Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Gaaaaden Shoes"

Anna has two pairs of Crocs; one yellow pair that lives at Grandma's house, and one purple pair that my mom got for her to wear everywhere else. She calls them her "Gaa-den Shoes". At Grandma's, she wears the garden shoes out in the yard and on the deck to water the flowers and study the tomatoes. At our house... she wears the garden shoes everywhere. She wears them in bed when she can't get a hold of her rainboots.

In addition to this shoe fetish, Anna is also going through a coat obsession. It's 80 degrees or more outside on average, but every day she says, "Oh, Mama, I'm so COLD. Brrrr! I want my coat. I want my sweater. I want my snow hat!"

Last night, when I left for my weekly coffee date with my girlfriends, the only way I could get Anna to let me leave without crying was to bundle her into her winter coat and zip it up tight. Over her pajamas. She then settled happily into the couch next to Kurt, ready to watch Nova before bed.

With her purple Gaa-den Shoes on as the finishing touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely hilarious.....I can't stop giggling!