Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bumps, bruises, and "I will turn this car around!"

Here's the tally for the week:

Road rash on nose, upper lip, mouth, chin and corner of the eye. Second chipped tooth in the front, both scraped knees and elbows. Freshly grated shin on concrete corner. Sore butt.

And that's just Anna. Silvia has a slightly black eye from I don't know what, pinched fingers from a door, bruises on each of her chins and two deep scratches on her face, one on each cheek.

I swear to you all that I am not responsible! These girls are so accident-prone I've started lunging to catch or pull them back before they even take a step. All my shirts are slightly stained on the front shoulders from cuddling the weepy, bloody and runny-nosed injured. My gratitude is enormous that, so far, there have been no broken bones.

I wait with joyful anticipation for a sense of internal balance to develop. Doesn't that gawky, awkward phase settle down in the late teens? Tell me there is hope.

No comments: