Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sleepover

She thinks she's ready, but I don't know if I am.

Anna wants to have a sleepover. In a big, big, BIG way. She's got it all arranged in her head: there will be sleeping bags and PJ's and then in the morning there will be breakfast. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. We had dinner with friends this weekend and their daughter, Ella, and Anna hatched this plan. Since Sunday night, I have been inundated with requests to know when Ella would be coming over and when Anna would be going to Ella's and WHEN IS MY SLEEPOVER, MOM!?

I tried to explain to her on Monday that this wasn't something we'd be able to just throw together and that we'd have to set it all up with Ella's parents. Anna's response was, "Ok, you can Charlotte today and we can have our sleepover after school." You can probably imagine the dissappointed hysterics when I gently informed her that this wasn't the case.

Probably she'll be fine over with Ella and probably Ella will be fine over here. I don't anticipate any troubles with the girls. I am more hesitant only for nostalgia's sake. Is it possible that Anna's old enough for sleepovers? Hard to imagine that so much time has passed since she was miserable anywhere but in my arms.

Remember? (Photo -and sleepover Ella, strangely enough- courtesy of Trystan Photography)

1 comment:

Lea said...

That's such a beautiful picture of the two of you! I'm trying to remember how old I was at my first sleepover, and she does seem young to me, but maybe she's ready? Or maybe once she does it, she'll miss you so much and want to come home and won't want another one for a couple of years? You can always hope! :)