Sunday, January 22, 2006

one sick, two sick...

Me sick, you sick! 

Anna started it, with a few random sneezes on Wednesday.  By Thursday morning she was a runny-nosed, whimpering mess of a baby.  By Friday morning, I was starting to cough, but still managed (thanks to a steady supply of Tylenol and Sudafed) to dress up and smile for Kurt’s post-holiday party for work. Lisa, my wonderful best friend, came over to baby-sit the drippy-nosed baby, thank you Lisa! (Anna’s been calling her “Eesah” since Friday). We got in at just after midnight and by morning on Saturday, I was a sniffling puddle of pure misery.  Kurt was, as always, the BEST husband in the world.  He took care of me, took care of Anna, cleaned the house, gave the baby a bath and made dinner, all while I was obliviously passed out in a fevered fog.  Fortunately, this morning dawned with Anna feeling MUCH better and me more able to live my normal life.  Hopefully I’ll be back to 100% by tomorrow.  Kurt, of course, is perfectly fine and has managed to sidestep the plague once again.  Lucky so-and-so.  J 

In all our sickness this weekend, I totally forgot to say “Happy Anniversary” to Monica and Chad!  This time last year, we were celebrating their wedding in Las Vegas, one of the best parties I’ve ever been to.  So, Congratulations, guys, hope you had a good day and that little Ryan was an angel (as if he could be anything else, right?  Too cute!!!). 

No comments: