Sunday, January 01, 2006

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit!

When I was growing up, my grandmother taught me that, in order to have good luck for the whole year, your first words on New Year’s Day had to be, “rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!”.  Now, I’m not sure where this practice came from, maybe it had something to do with the rabbit’s foot she carried around on a key chain (eww, gross, I know, but it used to be a common practice). If Dad or Paul knows, leave a comment and tell me why we’re crazy about rabbits. 

Still, regardless of why we started saying it, to this day I always ring in the New Year with a solid, “rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!”.  So, happy bunnies to you all and I hope your New Year’s dreams all come true! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy rabbit to you 2

Anonymous said...

happy rabbit to you 2