Wednesday, November 15, 2006

First Big Bump

Last night, Anna fell off the couch and went head first into the edge of the coffee table with a resounding "CRACK!". After about 10 minutes of crying, she reverted back to her normal self, and was actually quite chipper and silly for the rest of the night. The same cannot be said for her poor mother, I was a wreck, I felt so bad for her! Fortunately, it looked much worse than it really was, and the doctor said (because of course I rushed her to the pediatrician for a quick look to make myself feel better) that she'd be fine.

This morning she's got a faint bruise and quarter-sized lump with a little cut across it right between her eyebrows (the picture doesn't show it very well...). It looks a hundred times better than it did yesterday, so I'm hopeful it'll fade quickly. The nurse at the after-hours clinic told me that it was pretty amazing that Anna had reached the age of 2 without having any other big bang-ups. I guess that makes this a rite of passage!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: