Thursday, November 09, 2006

Welcome to the Third Trimester!


That's the title of the automatic pregnancy e-mail I got this morning. Today I'm officially in the home stretch. I love how it says, "Welcome!" as if I'm arriving at some awesome party where everything will be fabulous. Clearly, it was written by a man. But I digress...

The baby is doing just fine, kicking and growing and generally making a big impact on my sillouhette and lower back. I finally had to give in today and go buy a maternity jacket for this winter. It's getting chilly and I just couldn't close my regular coats up over my tummy anymore!


Anna had a big day today at playdate and was practically unconscious when I brought her home. I carried her up to her room (which I almost never do anymore, it's hard to lift her), and her eyes were just rolling all around in her head as she tried to keep them open without success. She ran all around the park and climbed up the big slide more times than I can count. She's really burst from her shell lately and has been showing a hugely increased comfort level around other kids and people. She did have one mishap, though- she tripped on the steps to the slide and bonked her lower lip hard enough to draw a little blood. Still, even with all that, she recovered enough to still play for almost another hour before her pre-nap meltdown.

I'm so thankful that I found this mom's group to join. Besides the fact that I've made some wonderful friends for myself, having the weekly activity and connection with other kids and families has really helped Anna to blossom socially.

She's been spending a lot of time lately just cuddling up to me and Kurt, walking over and hugging my legs, or curling up against my belly on the couch. Now she'll cuddle up, say, "Oh, big hug, mamma,", and pat my belly softly with one hand. She likes to hug Kurt and pat him on his head. I don't know if she's got all this extra affection to make up for the fact that I can't carry her nearly as much anymore or simply because she's becoming more demonstrative. Either way, I love it! Keep the hugs coming!

No comments: