Monday, February 26, 2007

Beautiful Flowers

This weekend my mom and Terry threw me a "Meet the Baby" Shower to celebrate Silvia's birth. Most of my friends, their husbands and kids were able to come, even some that I haven't seen in awhile. It was a wonderful treat, and we had a great time. Silvia, of course, slept through the whole thing, which worked out find since it left me a lot of time to enjoy the HUGE amount of food and treats my mom had provided. I would post a picture of the delicious THREE cakes she brought, but... well, there just wasn't much left to photograph! I should have gotten in there with the camera before we all decimated the delectables.

Anna was the charming hostess of the bash, running around in her purple dress with her new-found pig tails bouncing around. She has become such an extrovert, welcoming everyone into the house and giving all the other moms hugs and kisses. It's wonderful how big our "family" has grown and how comfortable she is with these women who have become so much more than friends to me. I love that she showers them all with kisses and tells them, "I love you, too!". It's adorable how affectionate she is these days!

Thank you very much to my mom and Terry for the lovely party and the lovely flowers. They are a beautiful reminder of how lucky and blessed I am to have so much that is good in my life.


No comments: