Tuesday, February 20, 2007

First day on my own!

Well, Kurt went back to work today. I'm so lucky that he was able to take two whole weeks off after Silvia was born, but I also have to admit that I am ready for things to start getting back to normal. Today we've got Anna's music class and then she gets to spend the afternoon playing with Terry while I run errands and get caught up on laundry at home with Silvia. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up on some sleep, too. It was hard getting up earlier this morning, but I'd rather wake up a little bit early and be able to take a shower and get ready to face the day than sleep in an hour, but end up in my PJ's at 4 p.m., you know?

Silvia is doing great, she still seems to be a very easy baby. She sleeps well at night, waking every 2 hours or so to eat briefly, then goes right back to sleep. She doesn't fuss too much during the day, either, and is generally just super cute. Anna is settling in to the new dynamic very well. She had a rough second week, with lots of tantrums and screaming fits, but has been pretty much an angel and "mommy's little helper" for several days now. She's sweet, likes to check in on her sister and has been wandering around telling Kurt and I how much she loves us. She's also starting to be a lot better about vocalizing her frustrations, asking for help and telling us what's upsetting her BEFORE she starts just screaming and dissolving into tears. It's a big step and we're both relieved at such progress during such a stressful time.

Below are some recent pictures... please note, Anna's very first pig tails! She's finally got enough hair, (just barely!), to put up in tails. She loves them, but I think she actually loves picking out the rubberband colors even more. Today, she has pink and yellow bands.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i remember years of a little girl wearing "peggy tails". anna is just so cute with her new hairdo!
mumsy