Thursday, April 05, 2007

Cousins

Vicki and Cari came down last weekend for a visit to meet Silvia. They brought so many presents that Anna was convinced it was a birthday party... for her, of course. Because all birthdays are Anna's birthday as far as she is concerned. Vicki brought this great little game with plastic balls that Anna cannot get enough of. "Wanna play balls, mamma?" has almost (but not quite) replaced, "Wanna watch Little Einsteins, mamma?". It's a very simple game designed for small kids and Anna just giggles fit to burst every time we play.

Silvia mostly slept through the visit, but she did have a few moments of coo-ing and blinking her big blue eyes up at Cari. Cari had on a green sweater that went really well with the baby, I wonder if she planned that?
Speaking of birthdays, it's my 30th today... I'm crossing over into new territory! Kurt's got some special dinner planned that he won't tell me about and my friends and I are going out tomorrow to celebrate while mom watches the girls. I told Anna it was my birthday this morning and she said, "Happy birthday, Daddy! Time for birthday hats and birthday cake and birthday balloons. It's Daddy's birthday and Anna's birthday!"


Here's some pictures!

Cari and Silvia

Anna warms up to Vicki after the introduction of the ball game.


Kurt and I making faces at the baby.


The famous CAKE, that my friend Jen made for me for my birthday. I'd share... but I'm just not that nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, anna! happy birthday, daddy! hats! balloons! CAKE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the cake. Megan actually did share a piece and holy cow! Addicting. I can't stop talking about THE CAKE. Happy Birtthday Meg!

Hugs,

Candy