Friday, April 27, 2007

Play time

I think there's a control freak buried just beneath my surface. Anna's "playing" with Play-doh right now, and as I was watching her, this little voice in my head said, "Oh, she's not doing it right! Go over there and make her play the way she's SUPPOSED to." As if there's a wrong way to play with Play-doh. Thankfully, I supressed the little voice and let Anna continue on her merry, and fun-for-her, way.

She seems to be against squishing the stuff too much with her own hands. She leaves it in the little "cakes", the way it comes out of the tubs, and pretends to eat them. The dough is not allowed to touch the other colors, and she doesn't like to have it formed into shapes. Just "cakes" and, when she's feeling adventurous, "cookies", i.e. flattened cakes. *grin* Who am I to tell my kid what's fun and what's not, right?

Obviously, she's totally recovered from last week's illness. She lost a few pounds but has been eating like a hungry bear all week, so I'm positive she'll gain it back in no time.

Silvia is doing great, as well. She's growing so fast! This weekend we're going to start the process of moving her to her own bed. Up until now, she's been sleeping with us at night, but it's just getting too uncomfortable for me. She snuggles in SO close and digs at me with her little legs all night long, trying to burrow in as much as she can. Needless to say, Mommy's not getting much rest.

Silvia is actually a very good sleeper, not at all like Anna was, so I'm hoping the move to her own crib goes easily, though I do expect the process to take a week or two before she's really comfortable there. I just hope she doesn't rebel and decide to start waking up every half an hour in protest. Wish us luck!

No comments: