Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dreamy McSleepypants

Silvia slept through the night last night, in her crib, without once whimpering or even waking. She's 11 weeks old! THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!

I put her down at 10, with her very simple routine (jammies, story, swaddle, nurse til sleepy, rock, lay her down before she's totally out). She lay in her crib, blinking, staring at the mobile, then closed her eyes. I checked on her at midnight- totally asleep. I woke up at 3:30, freaked out and not knowing where she was, ran to her crib- she was sucking on her hand that she had pulled out, sleeping. I checked on her at 5:45- one arm out, one leg out, sleeping. She stirred a little at 6:45, so I went and got her and brought her to bed, nursed her.

She went back to sleep for another half and hour!

Kurt and I are pinching ourselves. Is this real? With Anna, we'd have to creep out of the room after laying her down (after rocking for HOURS) totally asleep- if the door creaked, the gig was up and we'd have to start all over again. It was 10 months before we could lay her down sleepy but still awake. I mean, heck, when Anna was 12 weeks, she was sleeping so poorly I was about to drive off a cliff! I feel like I must be dreaming. I feel RESTED.

I feel very, very, very...confused. But happy. Very happy, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where did this fake baby come from? is she really a martian? perhaps an elven changeling? you must return her to her real dimension immediately!