Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Books and cold air

Silvia, like many before her in our family, is now a tremendous fan of "Rain Makes Applesauce". I read it to her before bed and, just for fun, during the day. The nonsense verse always makes her giggle. Of course, it helps that she's the super-smiliest baby ever, but still, I think she has special affection for this story.

Today I got her a Bumbo seat from a friend who's kids had outgrown it. It's amazing! She can't quite sit up by herself, she's always falling over, but with this she can sit up, look around and be highly entertained by Anna's antics while still working on her balance in a safe place. She's comfortable sitting for up to 10 minutes or so before she gets bored, but I tell you what, 10 minutes of happy-baby-who-doesn't-need-to-be-held, that's a really GREAT 10 minutes for me! Silvia's really going through a mommy thing right now, and I end up wearing her or holding her on my hip most of the day, so having a happy place to put her is a real treat for me.

She'll probably hate it tomorrow, but for today... we all love it!

In other big Schwartz-er news... We now have Air Conditioning! Woohoo!! It's supposed to get up to 97 degrees today. At that temp last summer, (pregnant and sick and with a whiny 1 year old), I was in tears, hiding in the basement for a breath of cooler air or trooping over to mom's to soak up her A/C. Today, instead, we've been playing and dancing and both girls took long comfortable naps and everyone is HAPPY!

Thanks especially to my sweetie, he orchestrated the whole process.

No comments: