Tuesday, June 26, 2007

nap time, quality time

I'm really starting to enjoy nap times now that I have two kids. Not because I get to nap, oh no, but because it gives me time alone with one daughter or the other. Silvia is an excellent napper and during her morning snooze, Anna and I get to bond. We read stories and color and play chase and jump around and have tickle-fights, just the two of us. It's a chance for me to re-connect with her and remind her that, while the baby is cute, she's still my sweetie, too.

In the afternoons, Anna often goes down for a nap a little before Silvia, or Silvia wakes up before Anna. During this time I get to spend one-on-one baby time. We explore new territories, like toes, practice peek-a-boo and singing and talking and rolling. It's personal baby time that is so precious to me. When Anna was this age, every day all day was all about her growth and development. But because my focus is split, it seems even more exciting when I have those brief moments alone with my new baby girl to see what she's learning and discovering right now.

Nap time in our house is special mom-daughter time... now if only I could squeeze in an actual nap for me, too, then it'd be perfect!

No comments: