Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tinkles and Hoots

Potty training has begun in earnest in the Schwartz household. So far, Anna just LOVES to sit on her little potty and read, read, read. And then read some more. And maybe read a little bit after that.

As for actually pottying, that's a different story. But, this morning, I'm happy to announce that Anna produced the smallest and tiniest little tinkle for the potty and was quite proud of herself. Actually, she didn't really seem to care, but since Mommy made such a big deal, she did a happy dance for my benefit. Let's hope she keeps it up!

Silvia, too, is growing up in leaps and bounds. She is starting to sleep really well again, which is a relief. After I posted that she had slept through the night all those weeks ago, she laughed in my face and started waking up every two to three hours. I will not make the mistake to brag about her sleeping habits again, but instead only say that last night was very nice and restful.

She's also exploring her vocal range. Instead of just little coos and gurgles, she now hoots, hiccups and calls out. It's cute!

I finally got myself organized this weekend and scheduled her christening at our church. We were lucky with Anna's christening to be able to have both her godparents, Val and Lisa, there for the ceremony. Our luck seems to be holding strong, because it looks like both Silvia's godparents will be able to attend next month, too! My brother John and Kurt's sister Monica will be standing up for her.

That's all for now. Wish me luck with the potty-training!

No comments: