Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The second child gets the short end of the stick

I'm looking all around and I absolutely cannot find anywhere the date of Silvia's first steps! Does anyone remember? It was December, I remember the MOMENT, but I didn't write it down. There's so much that I wrote down for Anna, every little thing. But Silvia? Nope. Poor kid, she's getting cheated, her baby book is going to be empty at this rate. Well, that is, if I ever get around to working on her baby book.

Silvia turns 1 next month. An entire year of special and wonderful first moments- that I haven't really tried very hard to preserve. Poor kid.

SO. Mom? Terry? Kurt? Anyone remember the date of Silvia's first steps? And maybe the date when her first tooth came in, too? Or when I gave her the first solid foods? Or when she started standing on her own?

Sheesh. See, this is why I'm not having any more kids. I can barely keep up with the two that I've got!

UPDATE:

Okay, I've gone back through the blog and my e-mails and I've just about dislocated my brain trying to remember, but I think I've done it. All Silvia's big first moments have been accounted for and recorded in her baby book, thank you very much. Maybe it's a silly thing to worry about, but Anna's book is so nice I don't want Silvia to look back at her own 10 years or more from now and think, "Gee, mine's all...empty. Thanks, Mom."

I know, I know, I'm crazy. I'm combating future guilt, I think that makes me certifiable. So be it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is all about you and me, isn't it, sweetie? it's all about your brother john's baby book with lots of stuff in it, and your brother michael's baby book (nothing in it, but at least we bought a book), and the total VOID where your baby book might have been. oh well, it's true, what can i do about it? i love you anyway.