Monday, November 28, 2005

And the winner is...

I think she’s practicing to be an Olympic athlete. Lately, whenever Anna is doing ANYTHING, she’ll suddenly smile, call out some nonsensical babble, and throw her arms up high in the air and wave them around. Like she’s saying, “Woohoo!! I did it!!  Look at me, I’m a WINNER!!!”.  Actually, maybe that is what she’s saying.  I’ll never know, since mostly I don’t understand a word of it. 

She is SO close to crawling, the air is thick with the promise of her efforts.  She reach, reach, reeeeeeeaches for her toys, getting her legs under her and her belly off the ground.  She still hasn’t done it, yet, but I think it’s something she may conquer sooner rather than later.  Then her “Woohoo!” move will really have something to celebrate!  He two bottom teeth have finally come in, and she’s starting to experiment more with her foods now.  The one thing I’ve really noticed is that a lot of the time she won’t eat unless she can be in charge of the food.  Things that she used to like are no good anymore, she wants food she can hold.  This morning, we met mom for breakfast and Anna ate half a pancake all by herself… though “ate” is sort of a grandiose word for what she did.  Mostly she smooshed large portions of it into the vicinity of her mouth.  A good half of that ended up stuck to her face, shirt, hands, high chair and the floor.  She enjoyed it, though, and that’s the important part.

My mom spent Thanksgiving in California this year with my cousin Liz and her family.  She says that Lizzie and my Aunt Juanita read this site every week, which I think is great.  I never know who’s checking it out, so it’s nice to know I’m not just talking to the universe at large.  Hi, Lizzie!  Hi, Auntie!  I hope you are both doing well, Anna says hi, too. Leave me a note in the comments, it gives me instant gratification.  J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grandmem needs the world best photo of anna and dora for the desktop of her computer - many terribly important people will see this photo as grandmem does presentations over the next two weeks - so make it magnificent!

Turtle Runner said...

I'm your #1 FAN!!!!!!! hehehe