Monday, November 21, 2005

diaper dysfuntion

I am tired of diapers. I actually sat on the floor this morning, smelling the reek from my sweet girl’s bum, for several minutes before biting the bullet and changing yet another diaper. I know, all you veteran moms out there are laughing your patooties off right now. Diapers are my reality, and will be for many, many years to come. But that doesn’t mean I love ‘em, oh no. They’re just one of the many yucky things I do in exchange for getting to enjoy Anna’s often charming company. On the bright side, my absolute exhaustion with diapers assures that I’ll be that much more happy when Anna is finally potty-trained. Of course, by then, there’ll be more diapers for the next monkey, and so on and so on…

I am convinced that my mom is still secretly reveling, from time to time, in the utter lack of diaper-changing in her day-to-day life. I know I will be when my kids are grown.

No comments: